Shower query - Hot / Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all, I've been using this forum as a source of information for a while but though it was about time I register as I have a small query.

I have a Mira 723 thermostatic shower which was previously fed from gravity. Due to other plumbing problems I now have the hot water through a pump with the cold still from gravity. The problem is that the pressure from the hot is so much that the cold is not coming through the shower. My question is do I have to change anything about the shower to allow me to run the cold off of mains or will it work okay? I've been searching for a tech guide for this shower to see if this is acceptable or I need any parts but can't find one.
Could anyone give me some advice on this.

Cheers,
Paul.

Sponsored Links
OKay, got a definitive answer to this from Mira, as below for your Information :

Like all of our mixer showers the Mira 723 requires hot and cold water supplies which must be nominally equal in terms of pressure at the shower’s inlet. However, I am afraid we have never manufactured any mixer showers that are suited to gravity-fed hot water via a pump and cold water taken directly from an incoming main. To overcome the problem you either need to pump the gravity-fed cold water supply to the shower or upgrade your plumbing system to a conventional mains pressure system (i.e. combination boiler / gas water heater, mains unvented etc.).

It should be noted that the internal mechanism presently fitted within your Mira 723 is designed for low pressure hot and cold supplies. If you either pump the cold water to the shower or upgrade to a conventional mains pressure system as I have suggested, you will also need to upgrade the internal mechanism of your Mira 723 so that it is capable of coping with the increase in water pressure. This required mechanism is known as the low capacity cartridge (part number: 902.70) which can be purchased from us presently for a total cost of £143.69 (inc. courier delivery and VAT). Payment can be made by cheque or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) but it is the latter option that is the quicker of the two. Once payment is taken, delivery would be within five working days. If you'd like to place an order with us please phone our Customer Service Department directly on the telephone number shown in the footer of this email and any of our operators will be happy to assist. Please note that if paying by Visa or MasterCard we can only deliver the goods to the address said card is registered to.

Alternatively you can revert back to the original low pressure gravity-fed hot and cold supplies and keep the shower’s internal mechanism already in place.

I trust this clarifies the matter sufficiently but please do not hesitate to contact us if in further doubt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back