Siemens Dishwasher problem....

NYM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've a Siemens dishwasher (model SE 25M5275GB/17) that has stopped working.

I put the dishwasher on last thing at night and in the morning the programme still showed 1 minute left....!

The dishes were still dirty and appeared to be dry.

I checked the filter even though I've always kept it clean, reset the programme and put it on a 'Quick Wash' cycle.

The programme 'counted down' to 1 minute and stayed at that until I switched it off. The items were still dirty and hardly wet although the reservoir at the bottom of the machine did have some water in it.

I tried it once more but this time I opened the door during the wash. The spray arm had some water flowing out of the holes (didn't appear to have been spinning very fast though..)

I've taken the left hand side off and am confronted with plastic tanks half full of water attached to hoses and now I'm stumped and don't what to do. :confused:

There appears to be a lot of black gunk near the orange thing and wonder if I should try to clear it and if so, how do I do it ?

I'd really appreciate some advise.

Sponsored Links
Take the grey hose, this end as in picture, off and push a bottle brush as far as it will go to remove fat and food deposits in the hose. When you have got it working I would recommend a simple cheap descaler every 6 months to remove greasy deposits.

Good luck

Colin

Thanks Colin.

I'll try that tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that things will be OK.
My husband will be very pleased if that cures the problem....or else I'll be hoping for a Miele for Valentines instead of roses. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back