sime boiler and heating of water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a sime boiler which is playing up. can't seem to get hot water even when I adjust the pressure. The pilot light ignites for the central heating but not for hot water. I can get luke warm water if I turn the central heating on but it never really gets very hot. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
As hundreds of posts have previously said, its likely to be the diverter valve!

And saying a "Sime" boiler is like a "Ford" car. A professional needs to know the model. Theres a lot of difference between a Ford Pilot V8 and a Focus!

Tony

I have been trying to find a previous post regarding diverter valves. Does this mean that it needs replacing or is there something we could do to solve problem?

Sponsored Links
I don't know the boiler but the principles are that when you rut a tap flow is sensed and the diverter valve redirects the primary heating water from the radiators to a secondary heat exchanger the secondary of which your water for your taps passes.

Either the flow sensing mechanics or electronics are failing or the diverter valve mechanics or hydraulics are failing.

Or your secondary heat exchanger may be gummed up.

You have to investigate which.

If you don't understand any of the above you could take pot luck and thow above named parts at it until you have fixed it, don't stop there, may as well change pcb first, most people trying to avoid paying professionals go straight for that one before thyey ask on here,

or juct get a professional in.

If you didn't have such a complicated boiler (combi) you probably wouldn't have had any poroblems with hot water for another 20 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back