Single Oven Cable Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a new neff single oven into a tall unit, the oven is rated at 3KW, I am using heat resistant 3 core 1.5mm2 flex connected to a 13 amp plug.
The wire terminal connections on the oven are 6mm dia screws so i am thinking i will have to fit crimped terminals connectors to the supply wires, would this be ok are is there a better way to do it ?

Sponsored Links
If you've got a proper crimping tool then that is a very good way of doing it.

One like this:

DVDHCR15.JPG

not like this:

FS-313-Multi-function-Crimping-Plier.jpg

If you haven't, and can't justify buying one, you can connect the cable by looping it (clockwise!) around the screw. A washer under the head would be a good addition if all there is to bear down on the cable is the screw.

Thanks for reply, unfortunately i have the cheap non ratchet type crimping tool, i would much prefer if the connection on oven had those square type washers under the screw to pull down on the wire without twisting as tends to happen when you loop the wire around the screw.
any idea if i can buy these anywhere, failing that i might have to bite the bullet and buy a ratchet type tool, screwfix do one for about £13 which seems to get ok reviews.

If you've got a proper crimping tool then that is a very good way of doing it.

One like this:

DVDHCR15.JPG

not like this:

FS-313-Multi-function-Crimping-Plier.jpg

If you haven't, and can't justify buying one, you can connect the cable by looping it (clockwise!) around the screw. A washer under the head would be a good addition if all there is to bear down on the cable is the screw.

i would much prefer if the connection on oven had those square type washers under the screw to pull down on the wire without twisting as tends to happen when you loop the wire around the screw.
any idea if i can buy these anywhere,
Post a nice close-up photo of the terminals.

Sponsored Links
These would be better than the squash flat crimps,

upload_2018-3-9_12-30-4.jpeg

but then you will need a different crimper -

upload_2018-3-9_12-32-36.png

I managed to get some washers and went for the rap around screw option, all fitted ok now thanks for advice guys. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back