Single pipe system upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ya,

I have a condensing boiler and a single pipe system. Not sure why they didn't upgrade the to a twin pipe system but there you go.

I am doing various bits around the house including a new celinig downstairs and a new floor downstairs. The upstairs flooring are 2 by 8 sheets and they lip under the partition walls so they are a bugger to get up without creating a mess.

I know I can get to the pipework from downstairs when I have the ceilings down, but will not be able to do the upstairs and downstairs pipework in one hit.

My question is quite simply, can I change the pipework upstairs from single to twin pipe system and leave downstairs as a single until I get round to it?

Cheers in advance,
Jason.

Sponsored Links
Without looking it is not easy to visualise but it should be possible to do upstairs first but the ground floor pipes will be linked to up stairs and will need to be re-connected after the alteration. which might make ground floor behave as if it is one big rad teeing of the upstairs. Some careful balancing upstairs will have to be done to ground floor working afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back