Skim over previously tiled wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just removed the tiles from the walls in a bathroom. Dont want to fully tile all 4 walls now so hope to get the room plastered over. Is there any worry with plastering over the tile adhesive remnants on the wall or have i got to spend hours and hours chipping it all off?

Ta in advance.

Sponsored Links
Just removed the tiles from the walls in a bathroom. Dont want to fully tile all 4 walls now so hope to get the room plastered over. Is there any worry with plastering over the tile adhesive remnants on the wall or have i got to spend hours and hours chipping it all off?

Ta in advance.
you dont have to spend hours chipping it off, for best reults steam it off using a wallpaper stripper it comes off really easy i done this to my own bathroom it only took about 20 mins to do 2 walls

Or,, if it's soundly fixed to the wall,, pva over it, give it a tight coat or two of bonding, let it set, then 2 coats of multi finish.

were did my post go then well
first were in essex you from then m8te if your looking foar a good finish then ill be happy too help out m8te
if the walls are flat ish then you need 2/3 coats of pva 4/1 mix
the tile addy will drink the pva faster then the wall then its a 2 coat finish of muilti finish plaster dont try and plaster too a finish tile line take it from floor too lid b&Q trade point sell a good new plaster paint use maple tile addy coz they sell a good primer were in essex you from then m8te im a essex boy i mite bee abel too help you out if not i know a time serverd spread in essex

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back