Sliding internal doors

AMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to have a sliding glass door between dining and living rooms and want it to match the sliding patio door. Someone recommended to fit a patio door, but it seems to be an unreasonably expensive option. Can someone recommend another solution? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Might be easier to do a couple of bi-folding doors,

Bintangor_Tatton.jpg

AMS said:
It will be clear glass.

reason i asked is because clear galss internal doors are dangerous

people /pets have a habbit of running into them when shut hence nsteet's post make sure it is toughned glass, but a smack on the nose as you walk into still hurts no matter what the glass is.

years ago my brother went to a snooker hall, he went out of the hall to the bar for a couple of pints, as the hall is only lit by the table lights he forgot and could not see the glass doors

crash, tinkle, splosh my brother was staniging there with 2 beer glass handles (one in each hand) and surrounded by broken glass (doors, and beer jugs)

as i said this was many years ago, before toughend glass was used for glass doors, i have since heard of several people running into open doors that are in fact shut, but because of clear glass, they could not see it.

so i hate internal clear glass doors, and think they should be banned, on a posative note, i have seen similar at various places, so to prevent accidents the doors have stickers on so you can see there is something there, i have also seen some very nice decorated glass doors too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back