SMEG dishwasher DWF612 model

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Smeg dishwasher has "locked up" - the P1 light is on (and i cant change it to any other programme) and I cannot start it at all?
i have tried simultaneously pressing p1+p2 as well as holding in the start/pause button for a few seconds - but nothing seems to work?
- any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SMEG error codes....

E1 - 1st flashing, 5th lit - flood protection system activated.
E2 - 2nd flashing, 5th lit - safety pressure switch activated.
E3 - 1st, 2nd flashing, 5th lit - no heat in time allowed.
E4 - 3rd flashing, 5th lit - temperature sensor fault.
E5 - 1st, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no fill.
E6 - 2nd, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no drain in time allowed.
E7 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd flashing - flow meter detected when not fitted - reset required.
E9 - same code as E1, so how you tell the difference is beyond me, but is a related fault to E1 + E2.

Reset Procedure
Switch on and press the programme button 4 times, within 3 seconds. The 1st and 5th lamps should light........ You may have to do this several times before it works! Assuming that it does, switch off, count to 10, switch on and run the rinse programme only.

Be advised that solenoid failure/ breakdown/poor connections can corrupt the board and cause unlisted faults.

thanks, but I am confused as the"phases lights" that are supposed to indicate which fault you have are only 4 (in my manual and on the machine) - yet you refer to a 5th light which may or may not be on?
The reset procedure does not seem to work either?

any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SMEG error codes....

E1 - 1st flashing, 5th lit - flood protection system activated.
E2 - 2nd flashing, 5th lit - safety pressure switch activated.
E3 - 1st, 2nd flashing, 5th lit - no heat in time allowed.
E4 - 3rd flashing, 5th lit - temperature sensor fault.
E5 - 1st, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no fill.
E6 - 2nd, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no drain in time allowed.
E7 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd flashing - flow meter detected when not fitted - reset required.
E9 - same code as E1, so how you tell the difference is beyond me, but is a related fault to E1 + E2.

Reset Procedure
Switch on and press the programme button 4 times, within 3 seconds. The 1st and 5th lamps should light........ You may have to do this several times before it works! Assuming that it does, switch off, count to 10, switch on and run the rinse programme only.

Be advised that solenoid failure/ breakdown/poor connections can corrupt the board and cause unlisted faults.

tip the dishwasher back does water come out of the base of mc .

Sponsored Links
unplug it for 5 mins to reset if that dont do it the prog buttons are jammed new pcb needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back