Smeg dishwasher problem - stops early cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Smeg dishwasher - model: DWF 64 SSE; type: 10045.

I am having problems with this dishwasher stopping very early in the program cycle. It stops in the prewash phase after less than five minutes before opening the dishwasher tablet compartment. The same thing happens if I set it to cycle 3 (rapid) or 4 (normal). It fills with water (or at least water goes in to the bottom - the sides stay dirty), a high pitched whirring starts (presumably a motor, more noisy than I've noticed before), then a switch activates and it starts to empty. On the third cycle of this (maybe 2-3 minutes after starting), it fills, the motor starts whirring, it starts emptying then it stops, beeps, and the lights show an error code not in my manual: the prewash and wash lights turn on constantly. The bottom of the dishwasher has cold water in it, deep enough to cover the tray that the bottom washing rotor sits above. I have cleaned the filter in the bottom, the salt and rinse aid are full and water comes out of the drain pipe so the pump must be working. I live in a hard water area, and have had previous problems that have resolved with vinegar washes, but this hasn't fixed things this time.

Many thanks for any help! Happy Christmas!

Ben

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back