soakaway for a new build in scotland

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im in the process of a building warrant being submitted and im trying to look @ alternative solutions for my soakaway. It is for a single dwelling house and it will be water entering it from a sewage treatment plant.

At the minute the architect is wanting to put in a standard soakaway, 5 slim tracks filled with pipes and gravel, however i would like to use something different. I would like a percolation tunnel or crates.

Now, thing is my architect is saying the soakaway is 230 cubic meters, thats 230,000 litre capacity. Surely he must have his figures wrong for a single dwelling house?

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yer 230 cubic m is way off.. should be a max of around 5 cube and thats if the soil is really really poor for draining water away.. if your water seeps away really quickly into the ground (ie sand/gravels etc) then can go down to 1 cube ish.. anyways its all calc'd from area of impermiable being drained, height of pipe coming into the soakaway and drainage rate of the soil your into..

Look into precast ring soakaway they are pretty simple to put in.. box crates are expensive

Depends how close it is to a burn that feeds the local distillery :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back