Soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house, built in 1990, has two soil stacks approx. 8 metres apart. The one at the rear carries all of the bathrooms and the utility room. The one at the front has only one branch (for the kitchen sink) below floor level but it is still vented all the way up through the roof. I want to get rid of this vent pipe which currently runs up the corner of the kitchen. I could take it out through the wall into the adjacent garage then up and terminate with an aav but this is a bit of a faff. Could I just cap off the stack at floor level and fit an anti syphon trap at the sink?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Andrew. There is a HepVo on the kitchen sink at the moment which blocked the other day (swmbo put coffee grounds down without flushing). When I took the HepVo off to clear it I was surprised to find that the rubber "lips" weren't closing any more. Bit wary of them now, hence I might fit a conventional anti syphon trap.

Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back