solar pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone out there recommend a reliable solar powered pump - I intend to power a small fountain perhaps 2 metres or so above a small (half oak barrel) so the water only needs to be pumped up to the water feature and then trickle back to the barrel?

I am keen to minimise the use of electicity and as I will only be sitting outside and appreciating the sound of water when it is sunny it seems an ecofriendly thing to do.

I have been told that the solar panels that float on ponds do not work because they quickly get covered in algae - I intend to mount mine high on a trellis.

What technical stuff in terms of voltage might I need to know? Can I bodge one together using exisitng submersibles and solar panels available for other uses?

Any help greatly received

Steve

Sponsored Links
in theory you can "mix and match" so long as the sollar cell (s) are capable of running the pump (same voltage)

floating solar pumps sometimes get covered in algae, but the water falling on the cells also can leave "deposits" which means it will need regular cleaning, also most only have a small solar cell, which means bright sunlight required to work.

you may want to have a look here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back