Solution for 44mm frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1930s house. All the frames are 44mm thick. I need to replace all internal 13 doors with 5 of them glazed. Struggling to find 44mm doors they seem to be almost double the price of standard 35mm thick doors as most seem to be fire doors. Looking for oak type.

There is no real option to change frames as house has already been decorated. Have seen some cheaper 40mm thick doors. Do you think these would look ok in a 44mm frame?

Anyone recommend any suppliers of oak internal doors about 44mm thick and with glazed options?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
are they frames or linings?
if linings then you will have to remove the stops and move them back towards the doors.
if frames then you may have to either add say 4mm strips of timber to the frame,or see if the doors look ok sunk furthur in.

They are rebated frames. Didn't want to add any strips because you see the join line. if I sunk the 40mm doors in then I guess the doors will not swing open fully either as the hinges are inset further.

Anyone know if you can 44mm non fire rated doors or recommend suppliers of 44mm doors. surfing on net I have only come across kaybee doors and distinctivedoors but they are all fire rated and expensive.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back