Sources for Indesit (or alternative) parts?

Sponsored Links
pads will not stop it grinding ,rear foam on the back plate needs a new one also a large washer is needed on the drum shaft inside between the drum and rear panel to push drum forward .also make sure no fluff is on the front seal it pushs drum to the rear hence scraping.depends how old your mc is a mod was done, new drum a bit smaller to stop scraping .

Fair enough. I've found a place on ebay thats doing a whole kit for a reasonable price, including the foam and pads I need. I'd already bought a new bearing, just hadn't fitted it as I reckoned it would wait until I got the pads delivered - didn't realise I'd need them when I ordered the bearing.

I'd fitted the new front felt, as I'd had problems with it filling with fluff, didn't realise the rear foam served any mechanical purpose, thought it was just a filter/seal against dust etc.

Thanks for your help. Never really done any dryer fixes before, only washers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back