sourcing a sealed unit online

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a broken sealed unit in the opening top part of a small window. It only measures about a metre by 200mm so I thought I would have a go myself. How hard can it be, I thought!
But getting made to measure units seems difficult. Anyone know an online dealer who has broken ranks and sells to Joe Public?

Sponsored Links
Why does it have to be an online dealer? Why not just ring up a couple of local suppliers? :confused:

I've tried and not met with much success. Reckon local people would rather supply and fit. Not much profit for local people in helping DIY-ers. The assumption is that some national online outfit could gear up for postal supply- not that it is an assumption that is based on reality so far. :)

Sponsored Links
Measure it yourself, pop along to a sealed unit manufacturer, pay about £15 for it and trundle of back home to fit it then ring glass manufacturer back up and ask to make another because you broke the first one :D

You need...

Width
Height
Overall thickness
Type of glass i.e. clear/patterned/float/toughened
Spacer bar colour

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back