sticking bar shower spindle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had to replace my bar shower as it was only producing cold water. I was sent a new spindle by the manufacturer, however this did not fit the shower. In the end I was sent a new bar shower.
This one has only been in place about two months and the opposite has now happened. It now won't go cold. The spindle has become very hard to turn. I have no idea of the actual shower manufacturer (neither has the supplier) so I am stuck with the spindle in the shower.

Any ideas how to fix the spindle ?

David Knight

Sponsored Links
sounds like it could well be a Plumbsure from B&Queue.

You could try removing the cap, unscrewing the retaining screw, removing the valve with a spanner, removing the circlip and undoing the spindle (in reverse) and giving it a clean up. Then put some silicon grease on the thread before re-fitting.

I assume you mean the thermostatic cartridge. You could try removing the handle and rotating the thermostatic control further to the cold. The handle will only let you control the temperature within a certain range but without the handle it should rotate further. Failing that you probably need to replace the wax capsule or possibly the whole cartridge depending on the shower. It must be cheap ****e if it's broken already. Probably why the manufacturer didn't want their name on it. You get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
Did you pay for the new shower? or was it sent free of charge?

If it was free then I would guess that they know there is a problem with it. If you paid for it then sent it back and ask for a replacement.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back