stone resin shower trays on legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi what are peoples opinions on installing stone resin shower trays on legs? Is there any thing to be aware of/ tips? Iv always bedded them on sand and cement but due to the joist running the wrong way I won't be able to this, this time.

Sponsored Links
Hi what are peoples opinions on installing stone resin shower trays on legs? Is there any thing to be aware of/ tips? Iv always bedded them on sand and cement but due to the joist running the wrong way I won't be able to this, this time.

As long as the manufacturer sells legs for them,and you use those then you are fine . - I think the issue with them being bedded flat on the floor is not so much that they can't take the weight suspended but that the base underneath might not be perfectly flat - nor the bottom of the tray - so one it might rock and you might get a point load that might cause it too crack.

If you prefer a flat base and mortar, the build a plinth from 2x4/3x2 and top with 18mm ply and lay on that

there ok on legs then? have you fitted many on legs? Are they ok on floors that are floor boarded i.e old houses.

Well, I've installed one :) in a friends house, it seemed perfectly solid afterwards and is still going strong.

Can't see any reason why putting on floorboard should be a problem as long as they are sound. Again you could put a bit of ply down first if you were bothered

Sponsored Links
Buy a kudos tray and plinth kit

Or before that existed I used to build a base from 4x2 and tongue and groove floor boarding to get the waste out.

Then I gave up doing bathrooms :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back