Subfloor smell

cobbles or pebbles would be better. The larger airgap will allow a little drying to take place, and the large size of the stones prevents water rising by capilarity. Water can also easily run through to the bottom.

you can lengthen and deepen the trench so that any water runs away from the house. As a French Drain.

Sponsored Links
But at the minute its cemented between the house and those flags/brick edge. So water at the minute will run away and drain down the flags away from the house. If I remove them and dig down will it not make it worse. Could water not get down to the foundations? I have basic knowledge but when it comes to building stuff I dont have a clue. It's what will look alrite as well and what will look daft. The gravel or pebbles would be from the brick of the house up to the flags. At the back the flags are virtually butt up to the house so no idea what I'd do there!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back