Subsidy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some pensioners are maybe embarrassed or guilty over claiming their rights ..

Get a load of this then suckers --- THE Duke of Westminster received £799,000 in farm subsidies in the last two years.
( Pipme :- A mere £45.60 per hr 24 / 7 )
Said to be worth £5bn, the duke receives the subsidy on his 1,200-hectare farm near Chester.
The farm subsidy figures published this week show for the first time exactly how much taxpayers' money rich landowners and members of the royal family are receiving from the public purse via the European Union.
http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.c...ayout-to--pound-5bn-worth-duke-name_page.html
I bet he doesn't hesitate !!
:eek:

Sponsored Links
I think the figures for the Duke of Westminster could be wrong, not the subsidy, but his net worth, afterall, outside of the Church, the MOD and the State, he is the UK's biggest land owner, He owns the actual land along all of Park Lane, Bayswater and most of the West End, not to mention huge chunkc of the City. All the Government buildings, including the MOD, sit on land to which he is the freeholder. He does collect rents on this land, in some cases miniscule, in other cases at market rates. I remember reading that the often £5 Billion quote is his declared business worth, not what he is truly worth as a private person, this is similar to Lord Hanson, often quoted as being worth about £7 Billion, but in reality worth at least twice this.

Sponsored Links
He owns more than that, I believe he holds the deeds for all the land in the City of Westminster, which is why you can only "buy" leasehold property in Westminster (albeit 1000 year leases, but leases nonetheless)

Is there a similar situation in the City of London and City of Southwark, I wonder, or can you own your own land there?

Back