Summerhouse footings...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well one of the next projects im looking at is a summerhouse/bachelor pad at the back of the garden.

Size is planned to be 4.7m x 3.1m and approx 2m high apex roof. The summerhouse will house a pool table and other manly objects.

My question is footings, what would be suitable? There is no access to diggers so the less digging the better (ive already done enough reducing the patio height by ~6"!).

Are pier footings sufficient? With the wood structure applied directly to the piers? Ive seen pvc pier footings (redi-footings i think?) from the U.S. that look good, any similar products over here?

Or is strip footings needed with a couple of courses of bricks?

Or even a complete pad? Although i'm guessing this is overkill?

I know its hard to definitely say without knowing the ground composition, but i'de like some idea of the 'correct' thing to do without going overboard or scrimping on it.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Because its 5x3m in size and going to house a 250kg pool table in the centre, pretty sure it needs some sort of footings!

As well as being insulated and boarded inside with double glazing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back