sunvic select xl controller problems..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone had this problem? We have a sunvic select xl controller for our gas heating. It has radiator & water heating programes!.

Las night the radiator heating switch wont work but the water heating switch does. i.e I can heat the water but cannot turn on the radiators!

The LED on the radiator side was flicking with a weak signal and the heating came on for say 5mins and shut down then! It wont work now!

The boiler is working ok, so i think there might be a sensor or something in the sunvic select controller!!

Sponsored Links
is it not unusual for it to be broken after under a year??

Who should i call...electrician or plumber?

sorry for the stupid questions.... :confused:

If it's under a year old then surely it is covered by warranty?

Anyway, if you want to change it why not consider doing it yourself? it's at most a 5 minute job. Just isolate the power to avoid electrocuting yourself.

Sponsored Links
Were you able to fix it yourself? How easy/tuff was it?
I have same problem as you had, and wondering what to do.

Had the same problems and switched to a "newer" timer. Problem solved but this is the second time I've changed the timer in the last 3 years.
Simple job as said before once the power is turned off.

We have a George wimpey house 2.5 years old and have had problems with the Sunvix timer twice now, they have just replaced it with a completely different model so fingers crossed. Evidnetly we are not the only ones to have the same problem. We had the heating working but the hot water would not come on however many times you pressed the advance button . ( it would not come on as programmed to either and previously when it had been working was very tempermental with regards to whether the advance button would work or not) In the end the whole unit died on me and the power went completely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back