Country
United Kingdom
hi
recently had cellar tanked by contractor who used k11 grey slurry
first coat didnt work had water droplets coming through
he came back and did second coat
it has been 3 days nows and the wall is still not dry it almost looks wetter
any suggestions what this might be its not condesation
should i ask for refund or give another chance to him this is holding up further work

Sponsored Links
Was there surface water before applying the slurry. Is there any air flow to the basement. Did it go direct on to bare bricks? Was the pointing sound?
There could be a number of reasons its failed!

Was there surface water before applying the slurry. This type of slurry is best applied over a rendered surface if theres moisture. Is there any air flow to the basement. Did it go direct on to bare bricks? Was the pointing sound?
There could be a number of reasons its failed!

it was applied over a newly rendered wall there were signs of water due to severe rain fall the contractor was satisfied enough to do the work

Sponsored Links
If there was surface water this could be the problem. Although the correct rendering procedure shoud have been carried out first!
This may help.... Check out the need for the anti sulphate before and after rendering...
Check out page 4 for the preparation for rendering

http://www.ascinfo.co.uk/ASCContent/13212\ProductUploads\ProductOthers\Sov_HEYDI.pdf[/QUOTE]
thanks for link
it may mean something should have put on powder x to stop water first
should i as for refund

You can ask for a refund, but you wont get it! In theory it should have been ok! Ask him if he can do it to your specification! Make sure ask you nicely. Did the builder seem to know what he was doing? Had he done this sort of thing before?

If there are times when the wall is subjected to large water pressure then a render system was an incorrect choice and would fail at some point anyway.

It could have been rendered then Cellarcote applied. It was the choice of slurry over the render that was the problem!

It could have been rendered then Cellarcote applied. It was the choice of slurry over the render that was the problem!
wil it have to be hacked off and start again or only the part where water is coming through

No membrane product will hold back high pressure. It either needs to be on the outside, a solid wall built to stop a membrane product from becoming detached from the retaining wall or a drained system.

I think you will find the Celarcote will hold back 10 bar pressure. :confused:

Is that applied to the outer surface or inner?
Can't see it working on the inner tbh at those pressures.
If you want to tank properly then dig down from the outside. Find the water source if possible then drain to a suitable location.
Then tank the outside with a suitable product. We deal with SDG who supply the civil engineering fraternity.
http://www.sdg.ie/waterproofing/

I think you will find the Celarcote will hold back 10 bar pressure. :confused:

Is that applied to the outer surface or inner?
Can't see it working on the inner tbh at those pressures.
If you want to tank properly then dig down from the outside. Find the water source if possible then drain to a suitable location.
Then tank the outside with a suitable product. We deal with SDG who supply the civil engineering fraternity.
http://www.sdg.ie/waterproofing/[/QUOTE]
Its to be used internally. I will b looking into the SDG as i have a project for a school thatrequires treating from out side. Was going to run a french drain with it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back