Tassimo Coffee Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An opinion on the craze for the Bosch coffee makers that seem all the rage.

One of my step-daughters gave us her Tassimo (that her in-laws got her for Christmas last year).

I watched the present tv ad.......I suffered the theme tune on the ad (Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride......check out those ankle boots on the You Tube video.....oh yeah)......but the coffee looked so good on the ad.

So we said yes we'll have the unused appliance that has been gathering dust in a pantry cupboard for almost a year and we bought the rather pricey capsules: Americano; latte; expresso; machiato etc.

I can now report that the coffee is dreadful. It certainly looks the part but doesn't taste it.

I love filter coffee and have drank it for years whether from a cafetiere or a percolator. The Tassimo doesn't do it. The Americano coffee is so bad (syrupy and bitter) McDonalds beats it hands down. The capsule 'milk' that goes in the latte or machiato is sweet and artificial tasting.

Looking for a new home for the Tassimo. Great design, very clever, great marketing but bad coffee.

Sponsored Links
I got a Tassimo a few years ago now, sounds like they have not improved any. I returned it within a week for a full refund, never to darken my door again.

The coffee from the Tassimo is so bad, that I'm surprised that anyone buys them. I went for a Nespresso machine in the end; the coffees pricey but tastes good, and if you can find one of their shops in London, you can sit there and sample as any different coffees as you like, with biscuits and chocolate thrown in as well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back