TEMPERATURE TARGET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

If my new Vaillant programmable room thermostat has it's target temperature set at say, 20 degrees, does this mean the boiler fires-up and stays on burning gas untill that room reaches that temperature?

Also, what do you set yours at?

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

If my new Vaillant programmable room thermostat has it's target temperature set at say, 20 degrees, does this mean the boiler fires-up and stays on burning gas untill that room reaches that temperature?

Yes

23 because the wife is always cold :LOL:

Set it at what you feel comfortable with but it will never be right until you get those pipes fixed :LOL:

Yeah, put a ****** jumper on then ya' silly ***,your gonna be cold,it's February you ****!

.......... I want to say to my mrs.............

Sponsored Links
stick her in the shed for half an hour, then let her back in

ask her now if she feels cold

;)

I only renewed the system to stop her moaning

Bet that hasn't worked :)

stick her in the shed for half an hour, then let her back in ask her now if she feels cold

Believe me its easier just to pay the gas bill. I like ma dinner on the table when i get in :LOL:

Not necessarily. If you have an older boiler, when the hot water leaving the boiler is at the temperature selected by the boiler thermostat, the burner will go off, even if the room thermostat is still calling for heat. Otherwise the boiler would eventually err..boil. Once the boiler temperature falls, the burner will relight.

If you have a more modern boiler that 'modulates', the burner will adjust its heat output to maintain the correct temperature of water leaving the boiler. However, if the demand for heat from the system becomes less than the minimum output from the burner, it too will switch off.

20 degrees C.

Hi All,

The demand for heat remains there, but the boiler will cycle to get to the required temp (or should do).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back