Terram v other woven / non woven geo textiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is there any difference between terram and and other weed control membranes that you can buy from Selco / Costco etc?

I'm looking to put something under my new block paved drive and haven't ordered terram but instead have ordered 50m squared of Yuzet 100g industrial weed control material - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yuzet-09-00...F8&qid=1407326977&sr=8-4&keywords=terram+100m

Also my soakaway crate comes with non woven geo textile, I guess to make it more permeable.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you need a weed control barrier under block paving you're doing it wrong. You do not need a barrier.

That's not what everyone has told me. MOT type 1 down, terram, sharp sand and then the block paving. Got a guy with a mini digger doing it all for me, does it professionally and for last 20 years.

Sponsored Links
Its not about the money, its the logic of it. Why do you think it is not needed?

Spoken to different people on this subject, builders yards even builders. Question of whether it was needed or not has never arisen, but always what type.

Pls explain your logic.

Just how on earth will a weed grow through a 150mm compacted base? And just supposing some nuclear weed from Mars can do that how will it get through your bricks. Madness.

Why do you think its needed?

Well the wedding is just one part, but also its supposed to separate the aggregate from the stuff above. I'm not a builder so cant talk technical but always research things in detail.

We do get weeds growing at my parent's block paved drive, but that could be wind blown seeds into the cracks......

Noted, but for the £20 odd it will cost me to cover an area of 20 sq meters, I'll opt for the textile rather than worry years down the line about not doing it.

£20 wasted.
You can get about 20 odd cans of beer for that, and get wasted yourself :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back