The Euro dream.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/08/10/business/estate.php]LINK[/url] said:
.. echoing laments from potential homebuyers throughout the European Union's new eastern members. ...Real estate prices have risen as much as 100 percent in the eight former communist states that joined the EU in 2004, driven by buyers from Western Europe. Many local residents, with less than a quarter the buying power of their neighbors, have been locked out of the market, adding to frustration with EU membership and eroding support for budget cuts needed to adopt the euro...

Fostering more unrest .... Who ever imagined things might have been different?

:)

Sponsored Links
those that bought in european places such as bulgaria etc have no ethics and i hope they lose the propertys they rushed to buy

carpetbaggers :evil:

Slogger

those that bought in european places such as bulgaria etc have no ethics and i hope they lose the propertys they rushed to buy
Is this not similar to townies buying a place in the country

Or people in the country buying places in the city, as is common in France I believe?

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:

What a curious mix of right-wing fundamentalism and left-wing market control you exhibit.

What about your fellow traveller, solo - should he lose whatever he buys or has bought in Albania?

ban-all-sheds said:
What a curious mix of right-wing fundamentalism and left-wing market control you exhibit.

I think he just likes to favour the extremes to get attention!

Lose my dream home! Never. I will defend it with all the poultry and livestock at my disposal.
All you holiday home buyers should take note. You won't all be able to purchase a property as good as this. This one is in the more desireable end of town and as such property prices are a bit on the steeper side.

albania_cw_storage_large1.jpg

Drat. Above link doesn't work. Will be right back after the break.

I did try, but as it says the image is not there :cry:

ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:

What about your fellow traveller, solo - should he lose whatever he buys or has bought in Albania?

I think somewhere back in the annuls of history there was a painter &decorator with similar ideas,Slogger may have had his book read to him

It did work earlier, honest. I'm giving up trying now. It might have been funny but the spontanaiety has gone now.

solo said:
It did work earlier, honest. I'm giving up trying now. It might have been funny but the spontanaiety has gone now.

I wonder if spontanaiety can really take that long :LOL:

I don't think three and a half hours is too bad if you're trying to be spontaneous. Should see me when I plan something.

ban-all-sheds said:
Slogger said:

i have my finger on the pulse of the lower class who cant afford to get into a price war with rich f*ckers trying to make money out of property

there should be a 50 % tax on foreigners buying property and the tax builds a house that will be only for sale to LOCALs

nice thought :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back