thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to replace a honeywell dt200 with a salus rt300 thermostat but the honeywell has got neutral and live connections but the salus has a live and switched live connections. any idea what wire goes into the switched live connection and where does the neutral wire go?

Sponsored Links
but the honeywell has got neutral and live connections
Don't you mean the Honeywell hasn't got Neutral & Live Connections (Because it's battery operated)

Honeywell DT200 'A' terminal (Supply) = Salus RT300RF 'COM'
Honeywell DT200 'B' terminal (Switched supply) = Salus RT300RF 'NO'

The Salus also needs a permanent Live and Neutral supply, so if these wires don't exist, they will need installing. You will also need to remove the link between L & COM on the Salus.

i need wiring help on salus rt300(wired) not salus rt300rf(wireless). the honeywell dt200 has got neutral and live connections but the salus rt300 has got live and switched live connections. i want to know which wire i put into the switched live connection.

What wires do you have at the thermostat position?

Colours and where they were connected please.

You must have three wires plus earth and a link between two of the terminals.

Sponsored Links
i have neutral and live at the current honeywell thermostat which are brown and blue and the earth has been taped off because its a two wire thermostat. so three wires in total earth, neutral and live.

I have had a look at both manuals and the two thermostats are exactly the same.

The wires are not Live and Neutral.
They are Live and Switched Live.

Connect the brown to L and blue to SL.
The blue should be sleeved with brown to denote its purpose.
There is also a terminal for the cpc (earth).

Because a wire is blue (or black) does not mean it is neutral.
Wires can be anything we want them to be. They do not know what colour they are.

I need wiring help on salus rt300(wired) not salus rt300rf(wireless).
Sorry, as I had a wring diagram for a RF version on my desk , I had assumed that's what you had. :oops: I'll leave you in the capable hands of EFLImpudence.

i have neutral and live at the current honeywell thermostat which are brown and blue and the earth has been taped off because its a two wire thermostat. so three wires in total earth, neutral and live.
Could you explain what you thought the thermostat would do to, or with, live & neutral?

last thermostat i did was other way around. Salus was coming out and needed a L & N supply and switched live to boiler.
Honeywell was Batt operated and was live in switched live out. And a far better stat in every aspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back