This Ref is a complete tool...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a bleedin idiot this ref is....

Footballer sent-off for tackling streaker

A non-league player has been sent-off for wrestling a pitch invader dressed as UK comic Sacha Baron Cohen's faux-documentary character "Borat" to the ground.

Dorchester Town player-manager Ashley Vickers was shown a red card for intervening on Monday after the unwanted second-half invasion by a man, sporting only a bright green mankini and white socks, during the Blue Square South clash with Havant & Waterlooville.

"I'm dumbfounded and speechless. A guy ran on to the pitch without any of the stewards getting near him and I thought I was doing them a favour," Vickers told the Dorset Echo.

"My only thought was to get hold of him so we could get on with the game. I managed to grab him and bring him to the ground and the funny thing was the stewards actually thanked me for it.

"But the referee decided to send me off and it beggars belief. Their players told the ref not to send me off and their chairman even offered to take a player off to even things up."

Dorchester also had two other players sent off in a 3-1 defeat watched by 458 spectators.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/38227/

Sponsored Links
The ref should be banned. He is a total idiot.

The supporters were no better shouting for the player to be sent off. The player was attempting to stop TWO criminal acts from continuing:

1) Indecent exposure

2) Trespassing on the football pitch.

The ref did not exactly inspire public spirited people.

You will find in the laws of the game The Ref got it right, Just a shame he wasn't doing the Arsenal game!

A player who commits a cautionable or sending-off offence, either on or off the field of play, whether directed towards an opponent, a team-mate, the referee, an assistant referee or any other person, is disciplined according to the
nature of the offence committed.
A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the
following seven offences:
• serious foul play
violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity
by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving
towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a
penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
• receiving a second caution in the same match
A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the
vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

Sponsored Links
PBofD: Just one thing that you have forgotten to include:

COMMON SENSE!

Use of reasonable force is though, and that is what Vickers used, which was COMMON SENSE!!

We are talking about Fifa's laws of the game here, not something John McVicar might consider as legal!
He didn't get arrested(did he?), he was sent off!

Prentice, 'violent conduct'? Come on man! He simple grabbed him and they fell to the ground.

Unfortunately 'Common Sense' ain't so common any more!

Maybe under Camerons BIG SOCIETY we may see the re-emergence of COMMON SENSE?

FIFA, and the FA, are so corrupt, and can't agree with anything, ie Rooney elbowing the Wigan player.....That's not a sending off, it's a BAN. But because it's Rooney..nothing happens. Cantona kicks a fan, a ban. Not in the referee handbook. What a joke.

Sponsored Links
Back