Tig welding

seen er ti 2 (pure) for $73.25 - about 35 quid per pound. If i built the frame out of mild steel it would way about 80 kilo or 170 pound. ti is 40 or 50 % lighter so 80 lbs @ £35 is £2800. This figure aint exact but it cant be that far out. If i can do the frame for that i'll be ecstatic - i'm putting a brand new engine in it so the ti wont be the biggest part of the equation but could be crucial to the cars overall weight.

Sponsored Links
If you go ahaead and want some tips on titanium, i might be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

thanx hitachi, the alloys most commonly used in spaceframe engineering contain between 3 and 6% aluminium. will my dc only setup be ok?
If not will it weld pure titanium ok?

Sponsored Links
I didnt mention that you need perfect conditions to do it, so working in your garage isnt really going to work. When i say perfect, i mean a purged area to work in, eg a chamber.

S-c-r-e-w that!!! :evil: Steel it is - but what kind? this ought to be a new thread really

Sod that!!! :evil: Steel it is - but what kind? this ought to be a new thread really

whats wiv the filter thing?? "New word match" error???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back