Tiling Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two days I had my bathroom tiled on existing tiles when 3/4 completed I stopped it as it was so bad the best way forward is to remove them and start again is this practical will the tiles be scrap, some are expensive border tiles any advise please
Mike

Sponsored Links
our kitchen was tiled over the existing tiles.

If you can get yours off without breaking them good luck. I would suggest something wide and flat .............wall paper scraper?

but then how will you get the adhesive off the tiles you have just taken down?

You could try pouring water along the top and letting it soak in between the new and existing tiles. You may have to do it a few times, if you can get some to soak in it will break down the adhesive. A wide plastic dry liner filler spreading tool will better than a steel scraper, place it between tiles and gently tap it, it will act like a wedge.After (if!!)you have got them off soak them in a bucket of water to break down the adhesive.I have done this and saved most off the tiles. Be patient.

Good Luck, Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back