Triton Mixer Bar Flow Control cylinder change advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a leaking Triton Dove mixer bar. I think it is the flow control cylinder and I have bought a new one.

I tried to turn off my stopcock today to drain the cold water system to change the faulty item.

Because it is a mixer bar do I need to drain anything else apart from turning off the main stopcock under the kitchen sink? I was thinking that it might be fed hot water as well being a mixer bar.

Also, I ran the taps for a few minutes and the water didn't stop coming out of the cold water tap, Did I do something wrong or miss something out?

How long does it take to drain a cold water system with a normal semi detached house size water tank. It is a water tank in the loft system not direct fed.

Any help woild be great.

Ed :)

Sponsored Links
if you shut the mains stopcock and your draining the loft cws
it can take around 15 mins to drain depending on size etc.

open all the cold and hot taps that are fed from the cws.

be a good time to fit isolation valves for the shower etc instead of having to drain the cws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back