Trying to install a wireless room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Alpha CB28 combi boiler running on gas, but it did not come with a room thermostat, so I purchased a ThermSave celect LCD-RF-3
wireless programmable room thermostat (http://www.thermsaver.co.uk/heating_controls/thermsave_lcd-rf-3_wireless_thermostat.html), which is actually manufactured by a Chinese company called Saswell, but I'm not sure if that's important.

It didn't arrive with any instructions (although the company that I purchased it from said that it should have done and have "apparently" sent some out to me).

My boiler manual pointed me to the terminal box where there were 2 terminals connected together, one being a 230V Live terminal and the other one called "Terminal 2".

The thermostat shows 5 terminals, 1 - N, 2 - L, 3 - COM, 4 - NO and 5 NC.

My thoughts would be that 1 is Neutral, 2 is Live, 3 is "Communication or Common (not sure...), but I have no idea what 4 and 5 are.

Which terminals should be connected to the ones in the boiler?

I tried connecting terminal 2 to the Live terminal in the boiler and terminal 1 to the other terminal, but this didn't have any effect on the boiler's operation. Whether I flicked the switch on or off the heating still did what the switch on the internal clock on the boiler told it to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

M@

Sponsored Links
Give Chinese piece of junk back to the supplier and swap it for a proper one like Honeywell or Siemens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back