Typical EFLI

John: I have a manual for a Robin Model 4112.

The last paragraph (on testing exposed metal of portable appliances) reads:

Connect the Model 4112 to a socket in the normal way. Switch on and calibrate the [infinity] knob for local site voltage. Plugging in the external probe breaks the earth continuity at the plug. The external earth probe can now be used for the appliance or metal work under test. [My bold type.]

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
yes, thanks, xerxes, it does that. Any chance you could scan your manual for me? :D

Will do. It may take me a little while as I'm pretending to be busy at the moment.

Then I will have to work out how to email it to you; I've not fathomed that aspect of DIYNot yet.

John,

Didn't you tell somebody the other day that upgrading bonding is not complicated and is a suitable job for a DIYER :)

Sponsored Links
Reading and Writing is a simple job for a GCSE high school student.

Well, it depends on the level of reading and writing and the level of the GCSE high school student.

Electricians are expected to be able to read or write but not necessarily both ;)

I was only having a gentle dig. here John.

There is a serious point in that the design/installation is simple (in most domestic installs), but testing is a bit of a stretch for most Diyers.
It's a stretch for a lot of sparks :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back