Underfloor Heating + Combi Boiler Set up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, builder / his plumber have gone awol and not installed my underfloor heating + combi boiler correctly.
I've got the underfloor heating in the kitchen and the boiler but there are no two port valves to independently control each one.
The boiler is a Worcester Bosch CD30i with a DT20 timer.
There is also a room stat in the kitchen (I believe this needs to be moved to the hallway) and the stat for the underfloor heating put in its place.

Different people have said different things and Worcester Bosch weren't very helpful when I called them. I'm looking to get someone in to fix this all up but just want to be sure they are doing the right thing.

Will the CD30i + DT20 + Room Thermostat + JG Speedfit Extension Kit + Speedfit Programmer all work together and what's the correct way of wiring it all in?
I have been advised to get rid of the DT20 and just put in a wireless thermostat - is this right?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You're meant to have the rads and UFH as separate zones each with their own controller, the DT20 can only control the whole system as one zone.

I would ditch the DT20 in favor of x2 programmable stats controlling x2 2-port valves, one for the rads and one for the UFH. The only thing you'll loose is the preheat timer function. No great loss in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Yea that'll do, two of them. I'm not familiar with the Speedfit stat you already have, got a link? What does it currently control?

You need to follow the diagram on page 5. Disregard the red pump and optional hot water motorised valve as you have a combi. Ditch the DT10.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back