Underfloor heating options - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon everyone,

I'm just preparing our existing, uninsulated (we think) floor slab for imminent installation of underfloor heating (booked for c.2 weeks time).

Short version: I'm an idiot and didn't consider everything.

Long version: We are limited in options for height build up due to existing features with a maximum of c.70mm finished floor level so the plan has been 30mm PIR, 15mm UFH pipes clipped, 35mm liquid screed = 65mm. This gave us 5mm for LVT finish and actually then a fairly decent amount of contingency up to external door thresholds without getting up to the opening of the doors or beading of some floor to ceiling windows.

BUT, what I did not consider is one of the external doors is inward opening! So the height for that one is much less. Bottom of the door is c.60mm off the floor.

So I'm rapidly having to look at alternative options and was wondering if anyone could please offer any suggestions?

Currently thinking we'll need to go with routed EPS panels to 'lose' the pipe height (the 35mm specified for screed is because minimum thickness is 20mm, so 20mm over 15mm pipes = 35mm). I've found a couple of potential options but nothing that jumps out.

Any suggestions of alternative build up very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
UFH won't be great with such low levels of insulation, I have 100mm and wish I went for 200

Dig up the floor, will be worth it in the long run

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back