Underfloor heating pumped/manifold or un-pumped small area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I'm at the stage of researching the underfloor heating I'm putting in my small 3x6m extension.
The total floor space to be heated minus kitchen cabinets etc will be appox 10m2.
I've got a rad in an adjacent/connected room which I'm keeping and was wondering whether to go with a pumped/manifold type of UFH or just use Uponor's small area kit (up to 14m2) which uses a feed off the exisiting rad ciruit and limits temp via a limiting valve?

Any con's with going with the unpumped system? I'm all googled out and need to make a decison !!!
I'm edging towards the un-pumped system with a view to buning in a pump and manifold at a leter date if its not performing as planned.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If your existing pump provides sufficient spare head and the pipework to the area is appropriate then you shouldn't have a problem. Otherwise either the new room won't heat properly or existing radiators will be starved. That's a quite a complicated thing to calculate accurately, but you can get a rough idea from the number of radiators and the pump power.

I'm not keen on this type of valve for controlling the flow temperature, but people seem to use them without too much trouble.

I would think it will be OK to add the system you propose as it is so small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back