Underfloor heating stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an electric underfloor heating system installed in my kitchen/diner 4 years ago. It's a Raychem NRG-Temp. It worked fine until last year. I turned it off over the summer and now it's back on, it just won't heat up. The strange thing is it has 2 separate zones / programmers and both zones have stopped working. Seems a bit of a strange coincidence for them both to go at the same time so wonder if I'm doing something stupid with the programmers. They are both set to come on and go off at specific times, also with min of 17 and max of 26. However, even when it's time to come on, the icon on the programmer shows that it is heating, but actually it isn't heating up. The floor is cool and the actual floor temperature on the programmer reads a constant 15.6 at any time of day. Any ideas of what could be wrong or what I can do?

Sponsored Links
You need to get a test meter and find out if there is 230volts getting to the heating conductors. Then a resistance test on the element to masked fire there’s no breaks. Then a resistance check on the floor probes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back