Unscrewing speedfit fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you unscrew a 10mm speedfit fitting and replace the oring and inners of the fitting and screw a new nut back in. Is an old fitting I am going on to. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Show us a picture of the fitting. If it's the one I think you're talking about then yes you can, but you might have to buy another fitting to get the spares.. By which point you might as well just change the whole thing

Coming out the wall so can only really get to one side

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-11-07-24-19-09_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-11-07-24-19-09_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
Is it leaking inside the wall? It may not be the fitting; if the pipe inside the wall is plastic it may not have an insert in the end in which case replacing the coupler won't really help

I too would chop a bit of plaster to be able to get fingers or a tool (L shaped metal bracket with a 15mm wide slot cut in the end) in to press the release collar

If the wall pipe is plastic take care to make sure the release has fully disengaged the metal locking teeth. Draging this fitting out with the teeth still engaged scores the pipe making it hard to seal. If you can't get the release to click check the screw collar is undone enough, and try first pushing the pipe into the fitting more as you pull the release. If it's really jammed you can force unscrew the collar all the way and leave it (together with the release collar with metal teeth) behind on the pipe/push it further into the wall or cut the locking collar off

Worth watching to help you know the guts of what you're dealing with

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back