untidy gap where soffit meets wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
The soffit and fascia on the house I moved into 4 years ago had thick paint sprayed all over it. The people who painted the pebble dashed walls advised the owner at the time that it would be a good idea to do it as it would stop the wood from rotting. Anyway, I am having the soffits and fascias replaced as it not only looks bad, but also I wanted vented soffits put it. The old soffits and fascias have been removed and the new ones have been put in, but where the soffit meets the wall there is now very uneven line at the meeting point of the wall and the soffit. Bits of pebble dash have come away when the old soffit was removed and there is an uneven line running along the length of wall, only an inch or so all along, but it doesn't look good. I haven't discussed it with the roofers yet (will do tomorrow), but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they have done about it ?
Perhaps I need to just fill in the gap with concrete or is there a specific piece of soffit/wall meeting point cover up strip that can be used to fix this sort of thing ?

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
We need an emoticon for " sharp intake of breath " :mrgreen:

drum roll please. The answer is ..... mastic .. apparently. Sounds a bit crap to me. That stuff tends to fall out after a while.

Sponsored Links
I was hoping for a profiled piece of plastic trim :cry: . I sincerely hope you haven`t got Roy and Pete doing the job - Diddicoy Roy and ***** Pete :mrgreen:

Rather than just a squirt of mastic (which to be honest would prob be normal), how about some strip sealant (though wouldn't be too easy)

Hello
any suggestions about where to get and how to stick a profile piece of plastic trim to the soffit or the wall ? BTW it's a painted pebble dash wall.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back