UPV door worryingly loose door hand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

The door handle on my upvc is working loose, how can I fix it? I have look at the door and can not see how you can tighten anything near to the handle. It looks like if you give it a hard pull (its coming away from the door, just the handle not the handle base) it would come away, the door is solid and the handle on the interior is fine.

Do I just need to relace the mechanism, handle or is it something else all together

//media.diynot.com/216000_215182_73307_36697159_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/216000_215182_73308_75972476_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/216000_215182_73309_79566678_thumb.jpg

Thanks as always for any info offered.

//www.diynot.com/network/slyvester27/albums/

Sponsored Links
You cannot fix it, the washer has gone. Need a new handle. Will be about £15-20

Sponsored Links
I got the exact same problem but can't find a replacement for mine :(

Are you sure there's no way to fix them.

Thanks

Ryan

Thanks Crank, wish I'd read your reply sooner as I've found something similar but not quite the same at **************

You could have fixed the door lever simply by replacing the washer and circlip! You would have still had to remove the door handles from the door to get to the internal sprung mechanism but you would have saved a few quid if not more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back