Use a twin coil unvented cylinder with boiler only

Why not use the bottom stat, the cylinder will then start reheating once a small volume of HW is drawn off, present location means no reheat until - 1/2 tank drawn off?

Sponsored Links
I have a 300l Tempest Solar, linked the output from top coil to input of bottom coil which was the direct instruction of manufacturer. If you contact manufacturer they might tell you best option for your tank.
I have a tempest twin coil solar (250l). Our plumber only connected the bottom coil to the boiler and we nothing connected to the upper coil. You say that there was a direct instruction of the manufacturer to link the output from the top coil to the input of the bottom coil. I had a look at the installation guide and can't see anything suggesting linking the two coils.

Is the "direct instruction" in the manufacturers installation guide? If so, can you point me to it please.

I have a 300l Tempest Solar, linked the output from top coil to input of bottom coil which was the direct instruction of manufacturer. If you contact manufacturer they might tell you best option for your tank.
We had a 250 liter tempest twin coil solar, and the plumber just used the bottom coil. Can you tell me where this direct instruction of the manufacturers is. Was it in the installation guide?

Sponsored Links
We had a 250 liter tempest twin coil solar, and the plumber just used the bottom coil. Can you tell me where this direct instruction of the manufacturers is. Was it in the installation guide?
No, I contact the manufacturer and they emailed me a diagram

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back