use of flexipipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Novice DIYer here.

Looking into replacing my cold water storage tank in the loft and have 2 questions.

1) Will it be OK using flexi pipes to connect the new tank to the existing copper pipes?

2) I hear a lot about water pressure. Would a coffin tank give less pressure than a more vertical shaped tank? I'm thinking that as the coffin tank is low and wide, the weight of the water is spread over a wider area. Whereas a more 'upright' tank will have the water weight concentrated over the pipes supplying the bathroom taps.

Or does the shape of a tank make no difference?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
You can use what you like but a professional would worry that a flexy might burst and bring down all the ceilings!

Its the surface level of the water that determines the pressure in te house.

Tony

Surface level Tony?

You mean height of cws tank above hot cylinder outlet i think. Unless i misunderstood you

Sponsored Links
You would be much better off cutting back the copper a foot or so and using Polyplumb or Speedfit pipe & accessories to make the final connections, if you are not competent with copper.

That's what the bathroom changers do. Things like tank connectors are all available.

If you want to improve the pressure the only way is to raise your new tank so there is a larger height differential to the shower head. Every litre of water stored weighs 1Kg so make sure the tank is properly supported.

The shape of tank you use will make no odds other than for convenience of fitting. Remember to insulate it all afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back