using window film to 'blur' mirrored wardrobe doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new home has a whole wall of mirrored wardrobes in the master bedroom, and unofrtunately it's a little too much (American Psycho-ish...).

I have done some research, and found that you can buy rolls of window film that has an etched effect (some with quite pretty patterns too!)

Ideally I still want the mirrors to reflect light into the room, but don't want to see any clear reflection from the mirrored wardrobe doors I stick it to.

The film comes in many different forms, from letting 70% of light through to letting 90% of light through.

Does anyone know which film would suit what I want best?

Sponsored Links
why not ask the people who make it, since they know all about it?

You have described such an obvious solution that I'm sorry if you think my post is pointless.

As a young new buyer with not much experience I actually thought some people might have used this before and might be able (and willing) to help me.

Also, it is my (admitedly limited) experience that a recommendation or advice from someone who has used something can be more informative than just asking the supplier. I thought this especially relevant in this case, as none of the websites I have found suggest using window film for anything other than windows (and I obviously want to use it on a mirror, and achieve the results I explained above).

Newbuyer, if you want someone to be able to give advice to you about this film, then perhaps letting us know what it is & where you can find it might prompt some informations on it.

Also, the suggestion to contact the supplier of this film is ideally the best reply as they will ideally be in a position to give you a good answer (although watching out because they are trying to sell it).

Perhaps if you contact the suppliers they might agree to send you some small samples so you can try & decide which is best for you.

Which goes back to Breezers suggestion.

Or would you like us to get our crystall balls out to see what the film is? :D

By the way, I too have a full wall of mirrored wardrobe doors, I think they help make the room look larger. I imagine that putting a film on them would only ever make them look rather naff.

Sponsored Links
You have described such an obvious solution that I'm sorry if you think my post is pointless.

not quite pointless

ok then, use the 80% it will be fine.

You have to bear in mind what i like you may not

my point is, if you ask on any forum which % sheet you should ask for you will get differnt replies acording to the person who replied's taste.

If how ever you ask the makers of the film you propose to use, explain to them what you wish to do they can give you the best advice since they use it all day long, which is what i said to do in the first place.

Find a local sign writer and ask there advice only they use it al the time, they may also give you a sample or two for you to try at home.

Most suppliers will only be too happy to supply potential client’s free samples so you could ask them.

On a personal note breezer gave you very sound advice so you may want to get off your high horse and apologise.

Thats 3 against 1, you just got to call them now :D

Good luck..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back