vailant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water from my boiler keeps overflowing from the pipe outside and the pressure bar goes beyond the limit and none of the plumbers (?) seem to be able to tell me what the problem is. When it was installed the pressure bar would be around half to one bar (been in from new for seven years). I also have an annoying leak and I can't tell where it's coming from. I put a bowl underneath and I get two or three drops a day and know whereabouts the drip is coming from but I can't find it. Does anyone out there know how I can fix it?

Sponsored Links
Leak from the overflow will be the expansion vessel has lost it's pressure, you need to drain down the boiler only, take off the black plastic dust cap and use a car tyre pressure gauge to read the pressure it should be around 3/4's of a bar, as far as the drip it could be anywere you'll probably need to get in an RGI not just a plumber.

Could also be the filling loop letting by or faulty secondary heat exchanger and possibly a faulty prv too.
Very basic stuff; anybody half competent can tell you this without thinking about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back