Vaillant 837 eco tec plus water pressure guage reading mx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vaillant 837 eco tec plus combi boiler. I noticed that the water pressure guage was fully in the red. I drained some water from a rad and the guage dropped back into the grey. I checked today and again guage back to full red. I drained some water again to get it back into the grey.

I checked the x2 valves to fill the system and when they are both turned on there is no flow of water. I checked for fault codes by pushing i and - symbols and the first instance was a F22 but when checked again there was no fault code only 2.5 reading which I presume is the current water pressure.

Has anyone any idea as to possible cause.

Thanks for any replies

Sponsored Links
This model struggles with faulty fill loop taps . Disconnect the hose an see if any drips at all

If there are no drips from the disconnected filling loop, you have a split heat exchanger

The grey plastic knob wears inside and fails to turn the brass shaft.

Remove the plastic and turn the shaft with an adjustable spanner.

I think that some washing machine tap knobs may fit.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi,

thanks for the replies. I did notice that one of the grey taps seemto spin and not make good contact. I have now disconnected the filling loop and will monitor for any further pressure rises.

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back