vaillant condensing boiler flue extension

why can't I call it a plume management kit?

that's what it is advertised as, several places list the same kit by the same name.

Surely if it's not a plume management kit they would call it something else?

What do you call it if not a plume management kit

FNG

Sponsored Links
I call it the same thing Vaillant call it.

Which is why Google is dangerous when people start to think that everything they find on the Internet is correct.

It's times like this I appreciate how doctors feel about self diagnosing Googleers.

Mrs FNG here (he's outside drilling loudly constructing aforementioned carport, sorry neighbours...)

He won't be installing it himself, believe me.

However it's nice to be able to know what to say to Grumpy Dave before we hassle him, he's an amazing plumber/heating engineer but communication and people skills aren't his strong points.
Will he know what we mean if we ask him to supply and fit a 'plume management kit'?

If Dave doesn't know then ring someone else

I understand people wanting to research etc but your best bet here is to call "grumpy Dave" (hope he doesn't read this forum:cool: :D ) and ask him to call round and have a look at what you need to do. He will be able to source the correct parts and install set up and test correctly

Sponsored Links
Vaillant refer the their 'plume management kit' as a 'variable terminal kit' , both are exactly the same and perform the same job.

Combustion should be checked/tweeked when carrying out any flue works especially with these types of gas train , you've been given sound advice so far so take HEED , hopefully 'Mrs FNG' will make sure of this. :p

Vaillant are the only manufacturer that allows for shoddy terminal siting to be 'got around' when using their VTK. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back