Vaillant EcoTech Pro 24 Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a Vaillant EcoTech pro 24 combi boiler fitted his week, this was in place of my old gravity fed Baxi back boiler set up.
I have askd the engineer back as the hot pressure in all taps is less than half of the cold and when any cold tap is used it kills the pressure in the hot.
Any help would be appreciated so I am not fed too much technical BS on his return
Regards Phil H

Sponsored Links
So how have you measured the water pressure?

Apart from the boiler cost of about £900, how much did you pay for the installation? What area do you live?

Tony

Bristol,£1500 and I haven't measured pressure, just observation of hot + cold running together and whenever cold is used, wc flush or tap the fact that the hot drops right off.
Many thanks for taking time to reply
Rgds Phil H

Hi Tony
The engineer has put 7 l/m on the commissioning report
Rgds Phil H

Sponsored Links
Try opening your main stopcock to see if it's been left part closed. Be aware, though, that you've got the lowest power combi available so your hot flow rate is never going to be spectacular

Hi Andrew
Stop cock fully open and I have Water board coming out Thur to confirm water press/flow into the house.
Many thanks for answering
Rgds Phil H

£1500 PLUS cost of boiler is pretty expensive.

He should have discussed water flow rate with you before converting to a combi.

7 li/min is a flow rate and not a pressure!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back