vaillant luke warm water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
turbomax plus 824e ch red hot but my hw is only luke warm even with the temp gauge right up does anyone know what this could be its 3 years old and had nothing done to it thanks

Sponsored Links
When I see builders I know that boilers they fit are by unregistered fitters and the system is never powerflushed.

Says it all I suppose "nothing ever done to it" ! I am sure you know that they should be properly serviced every year?

In these circumstances I would expect the plate HE is stuffed full of dirt.

Tony

i am a builder but i dont get involved with central heating i leave that to the experts. this boiler is at my house and i have been a bit daft not having it serviced i agree, but it was fitted with all new pipes and rads and had no leaks. do you still think it is dirt causing the problem

Well there are several aspects to consider.

You need to measure the flow rate. A 24 kW can only heat about 8 litres per minute to a nearly too hot to touch temp.

It could just be that you just have too high a flow rate.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks tony is it easy to turn the flow rate down, do i just turn the stop cock down a bit untill i get it right

You can turn the basin variety tap down to reduce the flow :D
Dirt is quite likely but so is the diverter valve, various ways they fail. Do you get more/better HW if the CH is on?
With CH off and cool pipes, put hot tap on, does ch flow pipe (leftmost) get hot - it shouldn't.
Servicing wouldn't have made a jot of difference to these issues.

the ch pipes do not get hot when off and water on also no temp diff in hot water with heating on or off

i have turned my stop cock down and it is a bit hotter but im only getting 5-6 litres per min, not 8 as mentioned by tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back