vaillant turbomax 828

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I have the above boiler that is playing up.

there is water continually dripping from the overflow outside the house.

I have looked in the manual and it says if this is happening it may be due to a deflated expansion vessel. I drained the system and checked the pressure within the expansion vessel and then inflated it to 0.7Bar. I then flooded the system and it was ok for a few days. I drained the system again and checked the EV and it was still showing 0.7Bar.

When I over ride the central heating the dripping stops. But starts again when I turn the CH off the pressure on the system is showing around 1.5bar.

I have read that a secondary EV can be installed on the return pipe near to the boiler.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hi

When I over ride the central heating the dripping stops. But starts again when I turn the CH off the pressure on the system is showing around 1.5bar.

I don't understand what you are trying to explain here.

Tony

If that's the case I don't see any obvious technical cause!

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the replies.

Dan - Yep thats what I meant.

The thing I cant work out is if there is water constantly dripping how come the pressure doesnt drop? Sometimes it goes up?

New Boiler required?

turn the cold water inlet off to the boiler and run the heating if the pressure doesnt rise its your plate heat exchanger that has perforated if it does rise you have an expansion problem

Cheers
Its all above my head
Just out of interest how long would it take for a plumber to change a boiler over?
And is it as easy as a straight swap?

Why would you want to change it? This boiler is totally repairable. For the record its more likely the safety valve needs replacing and the filling loop tap is passing. Both parts are less than £35 each.

Get a proper Gas Safe boiler engineer who is experienced in Vaillant boilers or go to Vaillant for their fixed price repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back