valliant boiler fault 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the water pressure in my boiler is completely empty and i do not know how to re-fill it. I have no hot water and no heating

Sponsored Links
try putting some pressure in via filling loop, see if it pressurises, then re-post with result.

F28 is on the gas side, so you will have to reset

what modelis it
f28 on the ecomax is
no gas
insufficient gas
ignition lead defect

Sponsored Links
No water or low system pressure would be F22. No gas or lack of gas is definatley F28.

Ecomax and Ecotec plus hav slightly different locations for the built in filling loop. If you can't find it I would presume it is an ecomax :)

i am guessing u have a card meter and u have letthe gas run out .. reset the boiler ..should be ok ...
the pressure should be 1 bar ish .. the needles are not very accurate .. on these .. so check the digital display for an accurate reading ..

Regarding last post from 2face, have you a gas hob or another appliance to check gas is still flowing :?:

Also remember guys that these are very sensitive to governor problems. I've had a few go to F28 on lighting up when the governors are a bit sticky or slow to respond...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back